Tuesday 11 November 2014

Personal Pocket Kit



Here is the kit packed and ready to carry

The stuff I carry in it


Here are two pictures of my Personal Pocket Kit, PPK. Most forums refer to this as a PSK personal survival kit, but that's a bit too dramatic for me. Been carrying this kit in my pocket for all my fresh air activities in and around Mumbai and forests elsewhere.
I try and keep a few essentials (and some not so essential but dramatic) stuff in this tiny 10x6.5 cm peppermint box. On this box I have used ranger bands to fix a Boker Gnome.
Contents:
Small SAK (Swiss Army Knife)
Micro torch
Fire starter flint and Vaseline soaked cotton (dramatic stuff!)
Plastic tube containing 
-needle with dental floss threaded, this is a very versatile combo, as it is very strong, repairs just about anything from clothes to shoes and even skin in an emergency.
-a few fishing hooks and line (more dramatic stuff!)
-small safety pins
Medical
-tabs for loose motion, body ache and disprin. Small tube of antiseptic cream and loads of Bandaids. We are playing with sharp edged weapons aren't we?
About 6 feet of very strong and light cord
Large safety pin

All this is packed very compact and in my pocket always when out birding or trekking. Any suggestions?
I have a larger pack which I carry in my backpack, this has more stuff, will post in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment